Monday, May 11, 2009

Review and other chaotic stuff...

I finished reading Bitter Moon II: Triane's Son Reigning, and posted a review on Amazon and Goodreads. Here is the review for those who don't get to those two corners of the webiverse:

Amy Lane did a spectacular bit of work with this book. I thouroughly enjoyed the first of the series and started this one believing I would enjoy it as well. With the first one, I was able to put it away and go on with other things in life. This one was not that type of book. Once I started, I found I couldn't stop reading it. I had to know what would happen next and I had to know it now!

The Moon family, including all the little adopted offshoots of it, became my family more so here than in the first book. This in mind, I found the book to be extremely emotional. Whatever the Moons felt, I felt. This is only done with spectacular writing.

There is also plenty of action in this book. The snow cat (Torrant) returns, and along with Aylan (his 'adopted' brother) and some new friends, they take on the Consort of Clough, both politically and in the Goddess ghetto while trying to protect them from the guards.

I don't particularly like heavy romance scenes. When I find them, if they go on too long or are too detailed, I lose interest in the story. I vaguely remember two such scenes in this story, but they were neither too long or too graphic to distract me. Both of these scenes enhanced the development of the characters involved and were very well portrayed.

If you like action, characters you really get to know, and allow your emotions to escape to the world the author presents to you, you will like this book.

Next on my to-read list is: The Legend of Witch Bane by Kevis Hendrickson. I'll post that review when I'm finished with it.

I'm waiting for one more editor to finish with Legacy. In the meantime, I'm formatting the interior. When that is done, I will attempt to do something with the cover.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. Another well-written review definitely driving the nail in the coffin of my decision to read Amy Lane's Bitter Moon series. After this week, only two more weeks of school and I can read, burn, draw, exercise, and play the piano 'til my eyes fall out, my fingers melt away and my whole body refuses to work! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete